I'm a software engineer interested in infosec and systems software.
MSc Computing Science at Utrecht University (2020-2022)
My Masters Thesis focused on the Parameterized Complexity of Defensive Alliances.
First Class Honours BSc Computer Science at Coventry University (2016-2020)
Thesis was on object detection in Satellite imagery, focused on the Sentinel 2 dataset.
I founded hack.athon.uk, a website dedicated to helping people get involved with the hackathon community and also to help organise them.
Throughout my undergraduate program, I attended over 20 Hackathons building projects like:
- Homebrew for the Vectrex
- Using RF interference to make music
- Internet Connected Trebuchet
- Dinorun controlled by Applause
- Snake as a UEFI Shell Command
I was one of the co-founders of CovHackSoc, Coventry Universities hackathon society, president from it's founding in 2017 until 2019.
I've been featured on Major League Hacking's 2020 list of Top 50 Hackers for "people who have stood out from the crowd and done something exceptional within the hacker community"
I've travelled to over 40 countries, doing things such as:
- Backpacking through Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan), the Southern Caucasus (Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia) and Ghana.
- Doing a Internship based around remote sensing in Cape Town, South Africa
- Cultural Exchanges in Oslo (Norway), Helsinki (Finland) and Guangzhou (China)
Open to full time positions in The Netherlands (or potentially remote). CV provided on request, please contact me at
b AT horn DOT uk from a corporate email if you are interested.